Text: John 21:15-25
- The significance of Jesus’ words
- The question of Peter’s love John 21:15-17
- The statement of Jesus’ instruction
- The declaration of Jesus about Peter’s future
- For his life John 21:15-16
- For his death John 21:18
- For his focus John 21:19
- The significance of Peter’s words
- His words were responding positively
- His words were not following Jesus’ lead
- Jesus was trying to lead Peter to change his word use
- Jesus was trying to grow Peter in greater love and commitment
- Jesus was tying to get Peter to follow Him in a greater way
- His words were focused on others in a wrong way Philippians 2:3-5; Galatians 6:4-5; I Peter 4:15-16; I Thessalonians 4:11-12; II Thessalonians 3:11-12
- The significance of the scenario
- The point of the three repeated statements
- The point of the word used for “love”
- The point of the personal challenge John 21:20-25
- Action Points:
- Peter made a change in his life after this event and it had a positive effect on him.
- How has the Lord made a positive change in your life through confronting you recently?
- Is your focus on you following Jesus?