TEXT: MATTHEW 19:13-20
I. God wants us to understand what others believe vss. 13-14 Daniel 1:19-21
- What does society know about Jesus? I Chronicles 12:32
- What does my neighbor think about God’s Word?
- What does my relative believe about eternity?
II. God wants us to know what we believe vss. 15-16
- Know it based on God’s revelation
- Know it based on God’s authority
- Faithfully searching God’s Word Acts 17:10-13, Proverbs 8:32-36, II Timothy 2:15, Psalm 119:9-12
- Faithfully joining God’s worship Hebrews 10:22-23
III. God wants us to be material for Christ building His church vss. 17-20
- By listening to Him speak to our hearts vs. 17
- By yielding to Christ building His church vs. 18
- By trusting in Christ to succeed in His work on earth vs. 19
- By obeying Christ in His commission to His followers vss. 19-20