TEXT: I SAMUEL 7
I. Revival is about drawing close to God away from sin vv. 1-4
- The presence of God will not dwell in the presence of sin v. 1
- We need to long for the presence of God over our sins v. 2
- We need to turn away from our sin and turn to the Lord vv. 3-4
II. Repentance returns us to the place of God’s blessings vv. 5-8
- We need to pray for this in our lives and for others v. 5
- We need to agree with God about our sinfulness v. 6; I John 1:5-10
- We need to admit our dependence upon God vv. 7-8
III. Revival enables us to give God the glory He deserves vv. 9-17
- By returning to the place of obedience to God v. 9; James 4:6-10
- By returning to the place of the blessings of God v. 10-11; II Cor. 6:15-18
- By returning to the place of praise to God v. 12-17
>What does God want you to turn away from to get closer to Him in your life?
>What is hindering God’s blessings in your life currently?
>What is keeping God from the glory He deserves from your life?