TEXT: PROVERBS 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof,”
Join us as a missionary to a restricted nation preaches.
Why do words have power? Romans 10:4
Our communication presentation affects people’s understanding. How can we give our message the best chance of being understood, heard and contemplated?
- We are not tasked with making people believe, we can present, teach & speak
- Make an effort to maximize their understanding; don’t assume that you know what their worldview is; explain the truth as clearly as possible
- Tactfully engage with people 1 Peter 3:15 (be ready) – The goal is to make people think
- Gather information about the other person with genuine interest
- Tell me more
- What do you mean by that
- don’t argue – just ask why they believe that
- Ask why they think that way
- Develop a relationship
- Get them to think about their beliefs – ask “What if you’re wrong?”
- Lead them to understanding.