Text: Matthew 18:15-20
Continuing the series of “Anchored in His church”, Pastor Humber speaks on addressing sin.
- Deal with sin personally first of all – verse 15; Luke 17:14
- Go alone first
- Keep it private first
- Keep the issue small
- Deal with sin purposefully always – verse 15
- Goal to gain the trespasser
- Goal to address the trespass
- Goal to remove the trespass See also Galatians 6:1-3; Matthew 5:23,24
- Deal with sin publicly last of all – verses 16-20
- Only after privately – verse 16
- Then only with a few
- Then only to the church – verse 17; I Corinthians 5: II Thessalonians 3:6-15; Romans 16:17,18
- Remembering Jesus is always present – Verses 18-20; Ephesians 5:25-27
- He is watching what is happening – Verse 18
- He knows our motives and attitudes – Verse 19
- His glory is to be preeminent in His church – Verse 20
- What are you doing to help your church be pure before the Lord?
- What part of these truths is new information to help you handle offenses more Biblically in the future?
- How will you respond if you are ever being confronted with sin in your life in this Biblical fashion?
We will all have to answer to God!