Text: Luke 15:1-24
Missionary Appointee to Australia Matt Cook
Three Lost Things!
This series of parables is a summary of Jesus’ focus during His earthly ministry
- The Lost Sheep Luke 15:1-7
- The Shepherd left the 99 to search for the 1. Isaiah 53:6; Psalm 119:176; Psalm 100; Ezekiel 34:1-6
- This was a 1% loss
- The Lost Coin Luke 15:8-10
- The woman searched diligently for the lost coin
- This was a 10% loss
- The Lost Son Luke 15:11-32
- The father was looking for his son
- The father pursued his son
- We must pursue sinners to bring them to repentance
- Luke 15:24 “My son!”
- This was a 100% loss
- All the “losses” were recovered!
- Jesus shows us the purpose of His ministry. Therefore, our purpose here on earth is to share the Gospel with the lost.
- Action Point:
- Lord, give us a passion for those who are without You.