Text: John 15:11-21
Introduction: “… a man lay down his life for his friends…” Jesus
- Jesus said this
- Jesus did this
- Jesus expects this
- Obeying the commands of God brings joy V 11-14
- Having a clear conscience brings joy
- Having a loving spirit brings joy
- Doing loving actions brings joy
- Jesus commands His disciples to love others V 12-17
- Love other disciples in God’s family John 13:34-35; I john 4:21
- Love others in need whom you can help Luke 10:25-37
- Love other humans who are sinners like you
- Hatred is more like the world than like God V 18-21
- The Bible declares God’s hatred toward sin, but not toward sinners. Deut. 12:31; 16:22; Malachi 2:16
- The Bible declares God’s love for sinners who are dead in sin. John 3:16-17; Titus 3:4-7; I john 4:9-11, 19
- The Bible declares God’s provision to save sinners from their sin. Romans 5:8-10; 6:23
- Have you personally benefited from God’s love offered to you through His Son?
- How are you genuinely laying down your life in love for others as God commanded?
- Do you have real joy in your soul by seeking to be right with and obedient to God in your life?
- What is hindering your experience of God’s joy in your life?