TEXT: John 10:1-10
I. The door is the only proper entry into any place vv. 1-5
A. Thieves and robbers enter through improper means v. 1
B. Rightful owners do not use deceitful means vv. 2-3
C. True sheep hear the voice of their true shepherd vv. 4-5
II. I AM is the Door to enter into God’s family forever vv. 6-9
A. I AM is the Door for the sheep to enter in vv. 6-8
B. I AM is the Door into the sheepfold of God vv. 8-9
C. I AM is the Door that any may enter in by faith v. 9 “if any man enter”
III. I AM is come to give the opposite of what Satan does v. 10
A. All Satan always wants to do in all of our lives: KILL, STEAL, DESTROY
B. I AM came to give us life in Him
1. Spiritual life in Him by faith in Him
2. Blessed life in Him by living in relationship with God
3. Eternal life in Him with God now and forever in Heaven
C. Jesus wants us to enjoy life more abundantly with Him Ephesians 3:20, I Thessalonians 3:10, 5:13
- Action Points:
- Are you 100% sure you have entered into God’s sheepfold through the Door?
- Are you seeing the fruit of Satan’s work in your life?
- Are you experiencing the abundant life Jesus makes possible for His sheep?