Text: James 1:13-18
- Introduction: Genesis 1-3
- Created without sin in or around us
- Created as a tri-une being
- Created to succeed or fall
- We make our own choices
- God designed us as conscious individuals Joshua 24:15
- God does not want us to let others make our choices for us Prov 29:25; Eccl 12:13,14
- God is holy and wants us to choose His holiness
- He does not predetermine us into sinfulness
- He does not predetermine us to err from His holiness
- He does make it possible for us to choose His holiness
- We are responsible for our choices James 1:14-16
- God gives us the ability to make choices for ourselves
- God holds us accountable for our own choices
- God wants parents to raise their children to be accountable for their choices
- We need to make good choices for good consequences James 1:16-18
- We choose to make our own choices but not the consequences Matthew 7:24-27
- God is consistent in His truth, His blessings and His chastening
- The fruit reveals the reality of the truth
- Action Points:
- What is the regular result of my personal choices?
- What is the regular process of my decision making?
- What needs to change in my process to help my results be better?