This evening service, Pastor Humber concludes the thoughts on God’s plan for our lives.
Text: Genesis 4:1-16
4. Our decisions impact our future – Vs. 5-16
- Cain’s decision impacted his future emotionallly
- Cain became hurt emotionally because of God’s response
- Cain became down emotionally because of his hurt and his countenance fell
- Cain became bitter because of his emotional hurt
- Towards God, his brother and because of his own choices.
- Cain became angry because of his bitterness
- Hurt people hurt other people
- His anger kept him from making the right choice about his sin
- His anger caused him to kill his brother
- His anger was caused by his own choices
- Choice about worshiping God
- Choice about repenting of his sinful choice
- Choice to rebel against God’s will and leading
- Cain’s decision impacted his future spiritually
- Cain’s decision impacted his future socially
- What changes do I need to make my life and family more in line with God’s plan?
- Which do I define myself by most: who I am, whose I am or what I do?
- How am I allowing the decision of my ancestors to wrongfully influence my life today?
- What decision did I make this week that is causing effects that I am struggling with right now?
- What decisions am I making today that need to change in order to have a better influence on my families’ future?