TEXT: II Peter 3:1-10
- The satisfaction of God’s promises to His children II Peter 3:1-7
- His promises to stir us up in faithfulness to Him
- His promises to help us not be shaken by scoffers Job 21:11-15; Jeremiah 21:11-13; Isaiah 26:10
- His promises to help us understand His truth
- Of the beginning; of the past and of the future
- The satisfaction of the promise of His faithfulness II Peter 3:8-10
- Ignorance of His promises hinder our satisfaction
- Ignorance of His promises cause us to miss His blessings
- Ignorance of His promises cause us to be fearful in life
- Ignorance of His promises cause us to suffer His judgment
- Perishing in the destruction of sin physically
- Perishing in His judgment on earth spiritually
- Perishing in our sins eternally
- The satisfaction of the promises of His power II Peter 3:11-13
- The power to create & destroy Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
- The power to enable sinners like us to live in His holiness
- The power to bring judgment on all of His creation Genesis 2:16-17; Isaiah 5:18-25; Romans 2:4-6
>Are you enjoying the satisfaction of being a child of God?
>What can you do this week to gain more understanding of the promises of God?
>Does the judgment of God on the world bring you fear or peace?