TEXT: ZECHARIAH 8:18-23
Introduction: Luke 2:8-20
>The shepherds listened to the message of God from the messenger.
>The shepherds exercised faith in obeying the message of God proclaimed to them.
>The shepherds gave glory to God and witness to others for what they experienced.
I. Seeking the Lord for redemptive life (Luke 2:15)
A. They went to seek the Lord immediately
B. They went to seek the Lord expectantly
C. They went to seek the Lord obediently (Luke 2:11; Job 19:25; Psalm 19:14; Isaiah 41:14; 44:6)
II. Seeking the Lord for resurrection life (Matthew 28:1-10)
A. We must seek the Lord as our risen Saviour
B. We must seek the Lord in faith in His resurrection
1. The resurrection is part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (I Corinthians 15:1-8)
2. A person cannot be truly saved by faith in the Gospel without believing in the resurrection of Jesus Christ (I Corinthians 15:12-22)
C. We must seek the Lord for His resurrection life
1. Resurrection life is eternal life
2. Resurrection life is glorified life
3. Resurrection life is victorious life
III. We must seek the Lord for revived life (Zechariah 8:21-23)
A. We must seek the Lord in His Word the Bible
B. We must seek the Lord by whom all the world is blessed (Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18; 26:4; 28:14; Galatians 3:8)
C. One day the people of the world will seek the Lord in Jerusalem (Isaiah 66:1-2, 22-24; Jeremiah 4:1-4; Micah 4:1-5; Revelation 20:1-7; 15:1-4; 21:24)