Text: Luke 5:1-11
Face life with faith, not fear
- Deep faith comes from a desire for God’s Word Luke 5:1-2
- Faith comes by hearing God’s Word Romans 10:13-17
- God’s children are told to desire God’s Word I Peter 2:2
- God’s wisdom in life comes from God’s Word Proverbs 2:6
- Deep faith causes us to use what we have for the Lord Luke 5:3-5
- The Lord’s Will is not always convenient
- The Lord’s Will is a decision of submission
- The Lord’s Will usually challenges our faith and obedience
- Deep faith always helps us experience life better Luke 5:6-11
- Jesus kept His promise even though Peter did not obey fully
- Our lack of faith always ends up costing us needlessly
- Our lack of faith in the Lord’s Will is only fixed with repentance
- Deep faith is something we grow in to follow Jesus more Luke 5:10-11; II Peter 3:18
- This experience caused them to trust Jesus more
- This acknowledgment of sin caused them to follow Jesus more fully
- This growth in faith caused them to be utilized in Jesus’ Will more
- How deep is your faith in the Lord?
- How full is your obedience to the Lord in your life?
- What changes do you need to make this week in order to grow deeper in faith in the Lord and obedience to the Lord?